Anti spam policy.
Spammers not welcome.
MakeContact is a marketing tool for reaching out to potential prospects. It's not a tool for spamming. I think it goes without saying that, it's not ok to spam people.
If you try, we will immediately close your MakeContact account. You will not get any refund. I'm sure you already know that spam is bad, and have received plenty of it too. However, as a sender it's important you know what constitutes spam and what doesn't.
Spamhaus's definition of spam / UBE (Unsolicited Bulk Email).
You can view Spamhaus's definition of spam here. MakeContact uses their definition to determine if a message is spam or not. Here is an non-exhaustive summary of what we consider spam;
What is not spam?
- Sending a message to a publicly available email address for the purposes of first-contact or a sales inquiries.
- Sending relevant, specific content aimed at the recipient - with the intention that the recipient will find it useful.
- Sending a basic introductory message to seek permission to engage in further correspondence.
- Sending an opt-in message with a confirmation link that redirects to a confirmation message and landing page with relevant sales content from your company or from your client's company.
What is spam?
- Sending a message to an email address where the recipient and context are irrelevant.
- Using an opt-in that includes any links other than the confirmation link or redirects to irrelevant content.
- Sending a message with links to pages that you do not own or control e.g. Affiliate product links or forums links.
What Happens If I Spam, Or Try To Spam?
If we find that you are spamming, or trying to spam, with your MakeContact account:
Things that will definitely happen:
- We will immediately terminate your account.
- We will refuse to refund your account.
Things that might happen:
- We might charge you money if your spamming causes any interruptions in our ability to service other customers.
- We might pursue legal action against you. (Spamming violates our service agreement.)
- Note: we don't presume guilt. We investigate all potential spam incidents thoroughly before making a decision. But once we've made a decision, we act fast.
I think a MakeContact customer is spamming me. What do I do?
If you believe you have received spam from an MakeContact user, forward the email you received to us at 6c66696470457368736e6d7a7a816f72843f738384. Please include the headers of the email when you forward it, and briefly tell us why you believe the message is spam. We take all spam complaints seriously and will investigate promptly.
I have questions about MakeContact's Anti-Spam policy. Who do I talk to?
We're happy to answer any questions you have about spam and our anti-spam policy. Please contact us.